5 secrets about Ram’s brother Shatrughan
King Darsharath had three queens Kaushalya, Sumitra and Kaikeyi. They had four sons. The eldest son was Lord Shriram. Ram had three brothers. Laxman Bharat and Shatrughan. Ram was the son of Kaushalya and Sumitra’s sons were Laxman and Shatrughan.
Similarly, Kaikeyi’s son was Bharat. Shatrughan was the youngest of four brothers. Shriram also had two sisters, Shanta and Kukbi. But today we will give you information about Shatrughan, the youngest son of King Dasharatha.
1. After Rama went into exile, Shatrughan served King Bharat. He thought it was his duty to leave everyone behind and be absorbed in his brother’s service.
2. When he found out that Lord Rama had to go into exile because of Manthara, he broke Manthara by kicking.
3. Shatrughan’s wife’s name was Shrutakirti. She was the daughter of King Janak’s brother Kush Dhwaj.
4. Mathura was ruled by Shatrughan’s son Suvahu and Vidisha was ruled by another son Shatrughati.
5. After Shri Ram’s order, Shatrughan had killed King Lavasur of Mathura.