Tulsi ji is commonly found in two varieties – the green coloured Lakshmi tulsi and the purple hued Krishna tulsi. Due to immense benefits Tulsi ji has utmost importance in all Hindu festivals.
Let’s see some benefits
- 1. Tulsi plant gives out oxygen for 20 hours
- 2. Tulsi leaves help in strengthening immune system
- 3. Tulsi leaves are rich in vitamins A, C and K and minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and potassium..
- 4. Tulsi leaves have anti bacterial properties
- 5. Camphene, cineole, and eugenol present in Tulsi helps to reduce cold and congestion in the chest.
In Hindu homes Tulsi ji is prayed as a goddess and rightly so. When one plant has multiple health benefits it should be valued. Tulsi can be found in all Hindu homes and us considered as an avatar of Laxmi Maa. While worshipping nature especially trees is not uncommon in Hinduism, the Tulsi plant is regarded as the holiest of all plants. Pouring water in the Tulsi ji after morning pooja and lighting a diya under tulsiji after evening pooja are common daily rituals followed by Hindu families.