Lord Hanuman is one of the most significant Gods in Hinduism. Also known as Anjaneya and Bajrang Bali, Lord Hanuman is worshipped by most Hindus who wish to gain courage, strength, and discipline to face the difficulties in their life.
Although most of us have a good enough knowledge about the life and deeds of Lord Hanuman, there are some amazing facts that still might be unknown to us. Let’s have a look –
Amazing Rare Facts About Lord Hanuman –
1. Lord Hanuman’s mother Anjana was a celestial nymph called Punjikasthala who was cursed to be born as a monkey on earth when she offended a sage.
2. Hanuman was a great bhakta of Lord Surya and respected him as a teacher. The Sun God agreed to teach all divine knowledge to Hanuman if he could follow the movement of the Sun. Hanuman did so and Lord Surya was greatly impressed by his strength and devotion.
3. Sugriva was the son of Lord Surya. In return for teaching him all divine knowledge, Suryadev requested Lord Hanuman to become a close confidante of Sugriva. Hanuman agreed and thus he became the commander and minister of Sugriva.
4. Lord Hanuman was greatly devoted to Lord Rama. A particular incident was when Sita put sindoor on her forehead, Hanuman asked her why. To this, she replied that since she is the wife and companion of Lord Rama, the sindoor was a sign of her unconditional love and respect.
Hanuman then covered his entire body with sindoor to prove his love for Lord Rama. Lord Rama was really impressed by this and granted a boon that those who worshiped Lord Hanuman in the future with sindoor would see all their difficulties go away.
5. Hanuman also had a son named Makardwaja. The story of Makardwaja’s birth is quite an interesting one. Hanuman was sweating profusely when he was flying back over the ocean after the burning of Lanka. A drop of his perspiration fell into the waters and was swallowed by a fish. That was how Makardwaja was born.
6. Hanuman was called so because he had a disfigured jaw right from his childhood. When he was young Hanuman flew straight to the Sun (which he misinterpreted to be a ripe fruit) and tried to swallow it. That is when Indra attacked him with his Vajra (thunderbolt) and he fell straight to earth when his jaw was disfigured.
7. Lord Rama and Lakshmana were once abducted by the Asura Ahiravana and kept captive in Pataal Loka. Now Hanuman’s son Makrdwaja was found by Ahiravana as a child and brought him up to be a soldier.
Hanuman was confronted by Makardwaja when he went to Pataal Loka to rescue Lord Rama and Lakshmana. They fought each other and eventually Hanuman was able to rescue Rama and Lakshmana by defeating Ahiravana. Makardwaja was later made the king of Pataal Loka as per Lord Rama’s wish.
8. Another fascinating story was when Sita offered a pearl necklace to Hanuman as a gift. Hanuman declined and said that he didn’t want anything which didn’t have the name of Lord Rama on it. To prove the truth of his words, Hanuman tore off his chest and within his heart were carved the images of Lord Rama and Sita. Such was his legendary devotion to Lord Rama.
9. When Lord Rama decided to leave his earthly existence for his journey to Vaikuntha (heavenly abode of Lord Vishnu), he knew that Hanuman would not let him do so as he was a great devotee. So he instructed Hanuman to find his ring which had fallen on the ground and disappeared underground.
Hanuman went on the task of finding the ring and was met by the King of Spirits. He informed Lord Hanuman that the ring had fallen as it was the time of the end of Lord Rama’s avatar. Hanuman was quite saddened by this news.
10. Lord Hanuman was also the 11th and last Rudra avatar of Lord Shiva. His Panchmukhi form is widely revered as his ultimate and most powerful manifestation.