The abbreviation of Hindu Dharma Shastra Veda is Upanishad and the abbreviation of Upanishad is Gita. The Puranas, Ramayana, and Mahabharata are the old histories of the Hindus, not the scriptures.
Scholars say that we must live our lives according to the Scriptures. Here are ten major virtues and ten sins according to religion.
Ten virtuous deeds
- 1. Patience – to be patient in every situation.
- 2. Forgiveness – not taking revenge, not being angry even when it causes anger.
- 3. Dum- Don’t be stubborn.
- 4. Asteya – Don’t think of killing someone else’s thing.
- 5. Defecation – purity of diet. Purity of the body.
- 6. Indriyanigraha – not letting the senses sink into the subject (desire).
- 7. Dhee – to understand anything well.
- 8. Bidhya – knowledge of religion, meaning, work and salvation.
- 9. Truth – Don’t say lies and hurtful words.
- 10. Anger – Don’t get angry even if someone insults you.
Ten sinful deeds
- 1. The desire to grab the wealth of others.
- 2. Trying to do something forbidden.
- 3. Thinking of the body as everything.
- 4. Speak harsh words
- 5. To lie
- 6. To condemn
- 7. Talking unnecessarily without work.
- 8. To steal
- 9. Hurt others by Words, heart, body, and deeds.
- 10. Having a relationship with other men/women.