Lord Shiva is also know as The God of Gods. We all know that Lord Shiva carries Trishul and Damaru. The Holy Ganga and The Moon can be seen on his head. We can also see the Third Eye on his forehead. A snake can be seen on his neck. In photos or idols we can see Mahadev sitting on a tiger skin holding Rudraksha on his hand. Each of this mentioned topic has its own value.
Lets know what these eight things mentioned above signifies.
- The Ganga – The Ganga on the head of Mahadev signifies the flow of Scriptual teaching from one generation to the next.
- The Moon – The Moon symbolizes that Mahadev is timeless.
- The Third Eye – The third eye on his forehead symbolizes destruction of evil and ignorance, if opened it reduces the person in vision to ashes.
- The Serpent – The serpent signifies ego which once mastered can be worn as an ornament.
- Rudraksha – The rudraksha beads denotes purity.
- The Tiger Skin – The tiger skin symbolizes fearlessness.
- The Damaru – The Damaru symbolizes the sound representing the words from the Vedas.
- The Trident/Trishul – The trishul represents three powers i.e. knowledge desire and implementation.