Many times we do pooja every day, but we don’t get the fruits. This is due to the small mistakes we make in worship. The Hindu scriptures tell us what to do when we worship and what to pay attention to. In the Varaha Purana, Lord Varaha tells about the forbidden acts during worship. In this Purana, Lord Varaha has told about some of the works associated with worship.
1. Don’t worship with money which came from bad deeds . This is considered a crime.
2. Blue or black clothes should not be worn during worship.
3. After touching a corpse, one should not worship without taking a bath.
4. Worship should not be done without taking a bath after physical relation . This is considered a crime.
5. Worshiping God in anger does not bear fruit.
6. Touching or worshiping an idol or picture of God in the dark is considered a crime.
7. Bhavan does not accept worship without the sound of bells or conch shells.
8. Worship without rinsing or drinking water after eating something does not yield fruit.