According to Purana, Ramayana and Mahabharat, it is believed that these seven personalities are still alive on this Earth who were born human but were blessed or cursed by Gods for a very long life.
- Vibhishana – He was brother of Ravana, who helped Lord Rama to defeat Ravana. After Ravana was killed, Vibhishana was crowned the king of Lanka. He became immortal to maintain good deeds in Lanka and to guide the people of Lanka to the path of Dharma.
- Parshurama – He is the sixth avatar of Lord Vishnu. He is known as the master of each and every weapon, also the divine ones. At the end of Kaliyuga he will reappear and guide Kali’s Avatar to get celestial weapon which is necessary to save humanity, according to Kalki Purana.
- King Bali – He is also known as Mahabali. He was a asur king and the virtuous emperor of three worlds. Lord Vishnu blessed Bali by placing his foot on Bali’s head. According to Bhagavata Purana, Lord Vishnu came in Vamana avatar to restore the authority of Lord Indra over heaven, which was taken by asura king Mahabali and granted Mahabali with immorality.
- Lord Hanuman – A true devotee of Lord Rama, Lord Hanuman is also immortal. Lord Hanuman requested Lord Rama to take him along with Lord Rama. But Lord Rama said your duties on Earth aren’t over so you should stay on this Earth as long as people worship Lord Rama. So it is believed that Lord Hanuman is still alive on this Earth. It is also believed that Lord Hanuman visits the places where the name of Lord Rama is taken.
- Ved Vyasa – Greatest sage born on the later stage of Treta yuga. It is believed that he lived throughout the Dwapar and Kali yuga. The writer of Mahabharat is also like other immortals who can live till the end of this Kali Yuga.
- Kripacharya – He is also known as the fourth avatar of Brahma, also son of Saradvan and Janapadi who is an important character in Mahabharat. He was also Kul Guru of royal children. He also trained Parikchit, grandson of Arjuna and son of Abhimanyu for the wars. He was also known for the loyalty to his kingdom.
- Ashwatthama – The great warrior and one of the seven immortals was son of Drona. He pleased Lord Shiva by worshipping Lord Shiva for many years, inorder to get a son with the same quality of Lord Shiva. Aswatthama is also known as avatar of aone of the eleven Rudras, who opted out of cowardice to avenge his father’s murder. This lead to a curse of being immortal. Only Aswatthama and Kripa are known to be alive who fought in Kurukshetra war. He could have been immortal but his body was covered with wounds which never heals led Lord Vishnu to curse him to live till the last day of Kali Yuga.